16 October 2006

TROUBADOUR BOOKS

I've talked about this place before. I returned yesterday and bought The Hudson Mystery by Geoffrey O'Brien, Leave the Light On by Michael Magee, and Dead Man by Gary Sullivan. Also second copies of Invisible Bride by Tony Tost and Poems and Antipoems by Nicanor Parra, because someone will need them. A paper copy of Russell Edson's The Falling Sickness. And I upgraded to a cloth Madonna anno domini first. I was set back $28 for the lot of it. If I could urge you to go, I'm urging you.

I keep thinking about the copy of Baffling Means by Clark Coolidge and Philip Guston I saw. Like it's haunting or taunting me.

4 RIDERS:

At 16 October, 2006 20:03, Blogger NEG said...

They've got a whole stack of copies of Baffling Means in the back room! I won't say which, but one of the book you picked up in yr last mention was mine...

 
At 16 October, 2006 21:34, Blogger CLAY BANES said...

the gordon was published by faux press. if that's a clue.

 
At 16 October, 2006 22:59, Blogger NEG said...

I don't mean wrote, I mean sold to Troubadour...

 
At 17 October, 2006 05:27, Blogger CLAY BANES said...

noah, i didn't think you meant wrote, i knew you meant sold.

that was just me blethering for the folks at home.

 

Post a Comment

Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal
YOU'RE ON NOTICE!
Why begrudge me a little fun. And must you chew gum.
Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal