23 May 2006

everything doesn't happen online

Ahsahta Press sent me an advance reader's copy of Kate Greenstreet's case sensitive this afternoon. Thank you, Ahsahta. The book's out in September.

The Undead and Philosophy K. Silem MohammedThen later tonight my colleague had gone through a catalogue of next season's books, and I was going through it, and he watched over my shoulder as I flipped through it and said, "I'm ordering that one. It looks cool." And I said, "It's edited by Kasey!" and circled his name. (We booksellers go through these catalogues with pens. That's a secret.) Then I felt compelled to walk over and pull Deer Head Nation off the shelf, I don't know why. Maybe because I was tired, or maybe because nobody knows what or wherefore poetry books come to our shelves, me especially.

I also got visits tonight from two poets—friendly. So even though I came into work feeling like crap, like this is all pointless, the night turned out OK.

0 RIDERS:

Post a Comment

Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal
YOU'RE ON NOTICE!
Why begrudge me a little fun. And must you chew gum.
Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal