10 November 2006

I worked hella late

An acquaintance I've known for a number of years told me tonight very plainly and modestly but seriously that he was in fact the son of god.

(Actually, he put it in a kind of "I am he" fashion, but that's just rhetoric, the details.)

I'd never suspected.

I knew he had a temper. He asked me for money constantly, miserably, promising to pay it back, etc.

I hopped on the bus, and I was off. He'd said his mission was to make sure I reached a higher level. I don't know if he meant Curtis Mayfield singing with the Impressions higher level, or some other kind of higher level. I know I sometimes feel like life is passing me by, and nobody notices. He did tell me to take a moment (this as I was running to my bus) to read a few verses in a Gideon's bible, if I had one or come upon one.

I was raised Catholic, and even though I'm an atheist, there's no way I'm reading a Gideon's bible, for fuck's sake.

0 RIDERS:

Post a Comment

Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal
YOU'RE ON NOTICE!
Why begrudge me a little fun. And must you chew gum.
Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal