09 November 2006

Poets Anna Moschovakis and Elizabeth Treadwell were superb tonight. I was lightly confounded a larger throng did not show up—particularly as we'd already sold almost twice as many copies of Anna's I Have Not Been Able to Get Through to Everyone as we have of Barack Obama's The Audacity of Hope. Then again, I am easily confounded. Then again, the throngette was warm and merry. As an oftener reading-misser than
-maker I have to understand. Indeed I do so well I live with chagrin, a small chagrin, but it takes up half my bedspace. I don't want to complain, but I am in constant agony.

If you missed it, you did.

2 RIDERS:

At 10 November, 2006 10:02, Blogger Logan Ryan Smith said...

I'm sorry I missed that. I have a reason, but I'm positive you don't want to hear it.

 
At 10 November, 2006 11:57, Blogger CLAY BANES said...

there are only ever two reasons, and both reasons are perfectly acceptable and hearable: being too busy or being too cool.

 

Post a Comment

Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal
YOU'RE ON NOTICE!
Why begrudge me a little fun. And must you chew gum.
Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal