22 June 2007

i'm on the goodreads thing. probably you are, too. or will be.

i've invested nearly zero time and attention to it. it's another social networking thing, as friendster, as myspace, as librarything, as facebook. another erection. i feel squeamish rating books (on a 1 to 5 scale), and i feel like if i'm bothering to add a title, that's my tacit recommendation of the book's somehow value. on goodreads it is possible to add a book without rating it (leave it blank), but due to the website's interface, it is easier and faster to add a book as you rate it (with a single click).

so i added a spittle of odd things for no reason i can understand and gave them all five stars, for convenience. pretty lame.

why am i typing all this?

and of course the many chapbooks i am more passionate to endorse and share that are not readymade adds. do you really need to know i like jean baudrillard? that i think chuck palahniuk blows?

help.

Labels: ,

3 RIDERS:

At 22 June, 2007 14:14, Blogger hank said...

I'm terrified of all the careers you will make and break on goodreads.

And screw them for taking the url for my prospective website, "goo dreads" dot com.

 
At 22 June, 2007 14:19, Blogger CLAY BANES said...

career?

 
At 22 June, 2007 15:32, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm curious which four people have my book (I've probably slept with all of them or sold drugs to them), but not curious enough to join. Or maybe I am. I'm that vain.

 

Post a Comment

Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal
YOU'RE ON NOTICE!
Why begrudge me a little fun. And must you chew gum.
Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal
Iga Wyrwal